The Ethos of Rugby Foundation
The Ethos of Rugby Foundation is a tax exempt 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. There are currently 3 endowment funds within the Foundation that award grants and scholarships.
- The Ethos of Rugby Endowment (EoRE) awards scholarships and grants to individuals and organizations that support our mission. This endowment supports communities and collaborations with other local non-profits.
- Wisconsin Women’s Rugby Leadership Endowment (WWRLE) looks to promote the participation of women and girls in all levels of rugby, and encourage women’s rugby players to gain leadership skills that will serve themselves and their community.
- Elizabeth Godfrey Memorial Referee’s Endowment (EGMRE) has the goals of expanding the pool and proficiency of certified men’s and women’s referees in Wisconsin.
Our mission continues support for the Ethos of Rugby as first established by Dr. Thomas Arnold, the Headmaster of Rugby School in Warwickshire, England, from 1828-1841. Our mission expands upon the two primary goals of Dr. Arnold, the most influential educational reformer of the 19th century.
- Improve education to strengthen the middle class.
- Support the development of effective leaders who are committed to community service based upon the values of courage, honor and respect,
- Assist Non-Profits by sharing knowledge, services and education.
Ethos of Rugby Foundation
P.O. Box 259852
Madison, WI 53725